back to the terminal
In this timeline where Plan 9 did not supplant Unix, I have been a command-line guy for most of my computing life. Age and the need for convenience and maintaining my connection with humanity finally convinced me to buy my first Macbook Pro this year (I have had Macs for work on and off over the years).
Slightly overwhelmed by distractions, today I spent a little time finally re-configuring the Mac to better suit my weird needs.
Here are some pointers.
- koekeishiya/yabai as tiling window manager in the style of
i3(with koekeishiya/skhd for managing keyboard shortcuts)
- uluyol/xmenu, a
- kovidgoyal/kitty as the default terminal
- links and a helper script to browse the web
- edbrowse, a line browser à la
- pouyatafti/mdef, my dictionary cli for macOS (reminiscent of dict but simpler)
- newsapi to read the news (e.g. using [pypi/newsapi-cli]())
- hub and gist to access some additional functionality of github (essentially creating new repos and gists)
- writeas/writeas-cli to blog (as now)